This is a quick all-butter quiche crust that you can fill with something yummy! I highly recommend using a food processor to cut the butter into the crust, but a pastry cutter and some elbow grease can be substituted!
- 1 crust
- 10 minutes
- 25 minutes
- 1 large egg
- 2 1/2 tablespoons ice water
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, sliced into small cubes
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the egg and ice water. Set the bowl aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add the flour and salt. Pulse briefly until mixed. Add in the the cubed butter pieces and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Add in the egg/ice-water mixture. Pulse again until a dough forms.
- Transfer the dough onto a lightly-floured board. Roll out the quiche crust so that it fits the measurements of your quiche pan or dish. Lay the rolled out dough onto the top of the quiche pan. Using your hands, gently press the dough into place. With a paring knife, slice off any extra dough that’s hanging over the rim of the pan or dish.
- Stick the quiche pan with the dough into the freezer for approximately 20-25 minutes (but if you leave it in there a bit longer, that’s fine too). For a flaky quiche crust it’s important that the crust is cold when it’s filled and cooked.
- Fill your crust with some delicious quiche and bake!
More delicious recipes
This is one of the many fantastic recipes available on this blog